10/07/2013 12:00 AM | posted by Mandy Beyeler
Pumpkin Carving Party
Hi everyone! It’s Mandy here from Sugar Bee Crafts. It’s party time! We made pumpkin carving extra fun this year by turning it into a get-together with friends. The kids and adults had a blast carving together, and everyone went home with some amazing masterpieces.
Let me give you some hints and tips for a BYOP Party — Bring Your Own Pumpkin, that is! :)
What you need:
- A variety of Pumpkin Masters carving tools, kits and lights
- Plastic tablecloth
- Snacks and drinks
- Optional: Markers
What your guests need:
- A pumpkin that they brought from home
The party centered around the variety of kits from Pumpkin Masters — they have lots of different options on hand so that each person has something perfect to carve.
BYOP Carving Party Tips:
1. Put down a plastic tablecloth. It makes for easy cleanup. At the end of the night, we just wrapped up the mess and tossed it away.
2. We had our party outside and I would recommend it. Again, it’s great for easy clean-up.
3. Find free jack-o’-lantern patterns on the Pumpkin Masters website. There’s something for everyone!
4. If you have young children attending, consider having markers on hand so they can draw on small pumpkins while the older children work on carving
5. Be sure to have lots of adults in attendance. The kits are easy to use but still require adult supervision and assistance. Also, depending on age, the kids will only last for so long. Several puttered out, and the adults swooped in to finish up carving.
6. Put the tools to good use. Use the sturdy carving saw for big cuts and the thin carving saw for more intricate cuts. Every job is made better with the right tools.
7, Snacks! What’s a party without snacks? We made it extra fun by providing cookies and Cake Mate icing, and the kids did their own decorating. It was a big hit.
8. Have lights on hand for the dramatic reveal. Pumpkin Masters has super awesome strobe lights for pumpkins that everyone loved. They were a win-win because they were fun, safe and easy to use.
Most importantly, have fun! Don't worry if you mess up in a spot or things don’t go perfectly — it’s all about the experience and making memories while carving pumpkins, so enjoy the party!
Gather a group of friends together and host your own BYOP Carving Party. You’ll have a blast!
Mandy is a craft blogger who enjoys all things DIY—she feels that if she can do something, you can too, and she provides tutorials at her blog Sugar Bee Crafts to help you along the way. She enjoys being a mom to four awesome kiddos and blogs from the Kansas City area.